Menstruation forces around 23 million girls to drop out of school each year. To address these alarming figures, Project Vedana intends to create awareness programs in rural regions to minimize school absenteeism/dropouts among girls after menstruation, with the active participation of youth and the normalization of period taboos and preconceptions.
Vedana Award aims to establish an award to commemorate young people and organizations making a positive difference in the lives of women who face discrimination due to menstruation. The award ceremony will also allow a meaningful discourse with such persons about their journeys and triumphs to persuade others to help combat oppression.
Vedana Awards have been diversified into seven different categories for the work done in the last two years.
The entries will be analyzed by a panel of potential jurors (including prominent social activists and academicians). In this case, the jury panel’s decision will be final.
You can apply for the nomination through the online application form and submit the required documents and proofs.
Thank you for your interest and support of the Vedana Awards.
Please direct all inquiries, comments, or feedback to [email protected]
1. There is no entry fee for the Vedana awards.
2. Nomination starts on 11-05-2022 and ends on 20-05-2022.
3. Nominations should be complete in all respects.
4. One can nominate themselves or others.
5. A candidate can file for any number of categories.
6. A candidate filing for more than one category has to submit another form.
7. The work done in the past two years will only be considered in all the categories.
8. People of any nationality are eligible for the award nomination.
9. Project Vedana reserves all rights to exchange or alter the awards categories.
10. The decision made by the juries shall be final.